During testing, HearID reports a "Call USB: USB Data Collection Error" with the message "Unable to ping Hardware, check USB Network Connection. Driver Message: Error receiving network traffic: connection reset by peer"
"Network error connecting to audio peripheral while setting IP address, Error Code 12. Driver Message: Error receiving network traffic: connection aborted"
This problem is caused by the windows machine periodically losing the DHCP address that it is receiving from the APU.
To solve this problem, the network connection to the APU needs to be configured with a static IP address.
To do this:
1) Click Start Menu > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center or Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center
2) Click Change adapter settings
3) Right click on the Mimosa Acoustics USB/Ethernet Adapter choice
4) Click Properties
5) Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
6) Click Properties
7) Select Use the following IP address
8) Enter the IP address 10.77.65.2, Enter the Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
9) Click OK
This forces the connection to the APU to use a static IP address. This should fix the intermittent dropping of the IP connection.